TREES is an innovative, integrated and inclusive interface that promotes inter-disciplinary approaches towards the conservation of ecology, protection of living environments, culture, research and development of new ideas and practices through aesthetical modes.
Training and Research in Environmental and Ecological Sciences(TREES) is a NPO (non-profit organisation) registered under Societies registration act XXI of 1860 (Reg. no. S-56487 of 2006). TREES is also registered under section 12 A of Income Tax Act 1961 for availing deduction under section 80 G of the said act and eligible for CSR commitments (Corporate Social Responsibility) by corporate’s.
TREES facilitates platforms for researchers and practitioners in developing new ways of inclusive living, besides encouraging multi-disciplinary dialogues meant for social sensitization and inner awakening that would help the conservation of ecology and protection of environment. At times, TREES generates funds for implementing path-breaking experimental ideas into practice and at other times, apart from facilitating research and development in the concerned fields of art, culture, literature, social sciences and economics TREES also focuses on providing research, studio, residency and man power support to the selected participants in its program.
‘TREES’ collaborates with national and international artists, researchers and funding agencies and Government to implement their programs in various Indian locations.
- To promote and create awareness about the Habitat, Environment, Culture and Heritage among the people through Art as a medium.
- Assist, develop, investigate and promote art practice
- Understanding and appreciation of culture.
- To develop an exchange between various cross cultural art practices
- To create a network between artist in region and across the country
– Chartered Accountant (FCA) with a B. Com (Hon) Degree from Aligarh Muslim University and additionally a LLB Degree Holder.
– Ex-Chairman, Northern India Regional Council of ICAI and member ICAI committees. – Ex-Member, Quality Review Board (ICAI) (constituted by govt. to oversee the quality).
– Served as Director of Corporation Bank and Chairman/member of its various Committees and Companies including as nominee of IDBI and other institutions.
– Currently running his own CA practice advising clients on matters related to taxation and finance.
– Willing to contribute to the cause of Social Welfare, and wanting to further the movement of Swachch Bharat, he has agreed to assume the position of Hony. SECRETARY of SAPHAI (an initiative for Swachh Bharat awareness).
– You can catch him at Tea-time or at any car rallies being held in the northern zone of the country.
Aarrti Zaveri is a visual artist who works with and is inspired by nature. She has been brought up in the industrial town of Rajkot, Gujarat, where she lived between machines and nature. Overtime, she was more inclined toward the mysteries and complexities of nature. Since then she works in various forms of art like painting, installation and public art. She also works with organic materials that are eco-friendly.
She has been awarded a Senior Fellowship in the field of Visual Art by the Ministry of Culture. She has also been the portrait artist for the Ministry of Defence. Aarrti also hold the position of Chapter Head of Visual Arts Sector under All Ladies League and Women’s Economic Forum. Aarrti has had many solo shows, group shows and has participated in Art fairs in both India and Overseas.
An International visual artist heading from South Gujarat from where he completed his graduation in fine arts, Nitesh Desai (Somu) works with many international art organizations with the objective of art in Public domain.
Somu is also co-founder and Director of UK based company with guaranty where he organize project in Public Domain in collaboration with government body, Scotland Nature Heritage. Somu has taken up leading roles in our upcoming projects such as Director of Global Nomadic Art Project India 2015 and Project Designer of Delhi Recycle City.
Somu Live and works from Delhi Ahmedabad .
Gunjan Tyagi, did her Masters in painting from Sir. J.J. School of Arts, Mumbai, She is a young visual artist and experienced in organizing workshops and residency programs, Gunjan Tyagi practices Public & nature art by attending several international art program. She has installed her works in Hungary, Japan and South Korea. Apart from being a Treasurer of TREES, Gunjan Tyagi is also associated with international project GLOBAL NOMADIC ART PROJECT; in Collaboration with YATOO a Korea based art organization.
Prof, Dr. Dinesh Awasthi – Former Director, EDI, Ahmedabad and presently Adviser, SRISTI, Ahmedabad
Mr. Gurbir Singh – Director of Sports and Students welfare, Munjal University, Gurgaon.
Mr. Kiran Vaghela – Eco friendly Architect / Engineer / Educator / Environmentalist, Bhuj
Mr. Kirit Dave – Designer / Trustee at Shrujan, Bhuj
Mr. Hiten Kakadia – Architect, Ahmadabad